Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Heart is Warm on a Snowy Day

I just walked to the courthouse to file some reports and felt like I was inside a snow globe. It's cold and wet out there folks!

My heart was warmed by the thought that in my hand I held reports written by very special people trying to help some very special kids. Our CASAs (Court Appointed Special Advocate)here in Montgomery County are an awesome group.

Being a CASA isn't always easy, but it is always rewarding. They go to bat for what they think is right for a child in need, and the Judge validates this when they enter that courtroom, they are asked for thier recomendations, and they are heard!

There are times if the CASA didn't speak up, the outcome for that child could be horribly different. The only agenda they have is to make sure that child has the best possible life circumstances allow.

They can't give them money, a new house and designer clothes. But they can make sure that they are warm, well fed, safe, educated, happy, and in the most loving home available to them. They don't work miracles folks... but sometimes it feels like it! 

I know, you are thinking, "I want to get in on that. How can I help?" You don't have to be a college grad, or have special training. The Montgomery County CASA program will give you all the training you need. Our CASAs are from all walks of life. Teachers, factory workers, store clerks, nurses, and retirees.

We will have a Spring training session. Give Jane or I a call or drop us an email. We would love to talk to you about the program.

Jane Christopersen 362-0694 #13 janecysb@sbcglobal.net
Sue Brassel 362-0694 #20  sbrassel@gmail.com


Click here for more details about being a CASA

No comments:

Post a Comment