Friday, November 18, 2011

Arts Education - What value does it have for youth?

My passions mix! Helping kids and my love of art. It has been proven that:
  • Musical involvement promotes better math skills
  • Involvement in the arts is linked with better academics
  • Arts organizations encourage personal growth
  • Theater participation helps social tolerance
  • Arts education enacts several cognitive changes
  • Underprivileged youth are more affected by involvement in all forms of the arts
  • The arts provide new challenges for students already considered successful

Click here to access pdf file for better viewing

So encourage those youngsters to paint, draw, play an instrument or get into theater. I know painting makes my heart happy, I didn't realize it also helped children learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment